My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone! Does anyone know what the kit# from JD is for upgrading a 455 from a 20 amp to 40 amp alternator? The parts look up lists just the 40 amp alt. and that is it, no regulator jumpers or dash connector. Also, I'm wondering if the dash plug is the same as the newer X740 as Deere does provide the kit for that. I'm going to upgrade the alternator and was hoping to keep it a sock setup with out cutting/splicing if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I was looking into upgrading myself. I seen a Kit on ebay once to do it but never got he part # off it. I think it had a bypass harness for the regulator and a different mounting arm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen the kit on there as well, but didn't jot down the #. If you go on deere parts and look up the X740, they list the bigger battery cable, the regulator jumpers, and the dash connector. Prob is they want 90 bucks for the dash connector, lot of cash to be wrong. I'll keep searchin, if all else fails I can do some splicing, even thought about adding some flashing hazzard lights and wiring in the arrows on the dash, make it function like a big rig!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts