1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
forkz
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Citizen of Earth
15,425 Posts
I imagine you go deaf in about 37 seconds running that.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The neighbours would be really impressed at 0 dark thirty! Fun as a novelty but vastly overkill like the CN Rail locomotive with a B-52 engine used to clear switches.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
The neighbours would be really impressed at 0 dark thirty! Fun as a novelty but vastly overkill like the CN Rail locomotive with a B-52 engine used to clear switches.
Not really. I have worked on one Oshkosh 2.5 ton four wheel drive for and aft steer inline Cummins powered powertrain and Rolls-Royce V12 powered snow blower. Was not the least over powered for its job. But it would sure move a lot of snow. The only blower I have ever seen that would move snow 100 yds. at a time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The local airport has a snow blower, can not remember the make.
300 Cummins provides power for motion. 600 Cummins powers the head and blower.
So that would be a little underpowered.

I always wanted the mower version of that.
Can't remember the name of the movie with Richard Pryor and Randy Quaid where Randy had one of them that he fired up at 7 AM Saturday morning.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,378 Posts
Can't hold enough fuel to run more than a few minutes. So you better be a fast walker. :unsure: :sick::sick::sick::devilish:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Those Oshkosh machines are a lot bigger and move a lot mor snow in a hurry. Here we are talking 400+ hp on a blower designed for less than 1/10th of that. Shear pins and belts would sure take a beating.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well that machine up at the airport does have a 24 foot head on it.
Not sure if it was Oskosh or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts