My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Free 4518 user
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 4518 for free. I have begun the process of re-habing the 46" mower deck that came with it. Does anyone have an industry standard number for the drive belt and the deck belt? I have a deck belt, so I guess I could bring that to the shop and just buy a good Kevlar belt, but I don't even have the drive belt, and I can't find dimensions listed for it anywhere.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Awesome machine....mine was pretty rough when I got it.....but it'awesome now...other than faded paint. I also have 42" blower.....gets used most winter days.

My mower deck is 42".......uses a B104 drive and a B98 deck belt. I put Optibelt (brand) on it last year......ordered spares Monday after I left Honda to order deck spindles.

You can find oem part numers on boats.net......then google for a belt cross reference....thats how I found mine.....Oem.....were over 110 each....and from what I've read here....that would be a substitue...as Insta Power is no longer avaiable.

·
Free 4518 user
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like I need a B105K for the drive and a B101K for the deck. The 'K' suffix is for a Kevlar corded belt which is what the OEM supposedly is. The belts are under $25 each on the web.

Has anyone tried round drive belts on their machine? It seems with all the twists and turns through the mule drive etc., and pressure on both sides of the belt, round would actually work the best. Just thinking, that's all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts