My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done freshening up my newly acquired mower. This thing was a wreck when i got it. I'm looking for a good replacement seat. It seems that most of the universal ones do not have the correct bolt and seat switch holes. I'm looking for advice grime someone who has done this.
Work done:
New brakes. (reason it was scraped)
Cleaned carb.
Stretched starter bendix spring. This was causing a heck of a racket.
New paint, battery, green slime in the tires that wouldn't hold air.
Adjusted valves.
Changed fluids.
Getting a gently used 42" deck tomorrow.
Adding the mulch kit. I'm kind of skeptical on this after reading the opinions of others that have the OEM blades vs the Gator blades. Any comments?
I don't have any before pics but here is what I do have.

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1369875418.807686.jpg
Looks like it was in a flood.
ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1369875502.587071.jpg
I made sure everything starts clean again.
ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1369875583.470749.jpg
ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1369875611.186963.jpg
The cat was irritated that I was spending more time on the tractor than with here. O wait that was my wife.
ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1369875721.686399.jpg

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was unable to find an aftermarket seat that would work with Honda mounting points. So I used the opportunity to use a high back seat with arms and on slides for a replacement. It did require me to fabricate a mounting bracket and Mickey-mouse the seat switch. But I was able to raise the seat and move it further back to keep my knees from hitting the steering wheel. Sometimes it is tough being tall.

I didn't save the receipt or remember where I bought the seat but I think it was about $70 from an online vender. (maybe Northern Tools?)
Here are a couple of photos:

Attachments

·
Free 4518 user
70 Posts
Love the seat. Armrests should make the ride more enjoyable.
I will probably be looking to do something similar on my 4518.
Moving the seat back will also give me better traction when I use the snow blower.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used an Ariens seat on my 4518 with the original Honda switch. Had to make brackets for it though. I also have a 38" deck in sweet shape with a complete bagger if interested.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts