My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
When I got mine it was in ruff shape too. You did a great job looks good.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice I used a bed-liner spray on mine.

I do not recommend this.

I do like the teeth, where did you get those ? what are they? Are they too large ?
The Tooth Bar is from Titan Attachments.
They are large, but not too large. They are good for hauling stuff that doesn't fit in the bucket, which is most of the stuff that I've used it for. Plus, they are great for digging. I dug a patio 12" deep and then back filled with gravel.
The bucket is a life saver.

Here is a boulder that I moved. If I didn't have the teeth it wouldn't have fit and it helps get under it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Tooth Bar is from Titan Attachments.
They are large, but not too large. They are good for hauling stuff that doesn't fit in the bucket, which is most of the stuff that I've used it for. Plus, they are great for digging. I dug a patio 12" deep and then back filled with gravel.
The bucket is a life saver.

Here is a boulder that I moved. If I didn't have the teeth it wouldn't have fit and it helps get under it.
Ugg if I tried to lift something that heavy, make back wheels would come off the ground and I would be stuck. I really need to get a 4ws or a 4wd or more weight.

·
JD X585 owner
524 Posts
Nicely done with the paint job. Looks terrific. I need to mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ugg if I tried to lift something that heavy, make back wheels would come off the ground and I would be stuck. I really need to get a 4ws or a 4wd or more weight.
You just need more counterweight. The tractor in the picture is 2WD.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
x2 on the counterweight and you need to shim the hydraulics. Makes a world of difference.

·
21,735 Posts
X3 on the counterweight.

My MF1655 regularly lifted and transported payloads of 800 lb with 650 lb of rear end ballast. It takes over 1300 lb of payload to lift the rear wheels off the ground. (Done that more than a few times as well!)

Load the rear tires with Rim Guard. That will get you 140-150 lb of ballast. (An extra 250 lb of payload before the tires come up.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put ATV tires on the back and tubed them and filled them with water. I still need more weight. It frequently gets stuck trying to pick up mulch, riding on mulch. teeth would help also.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Are you sure I thought the x485's that have lug bolts in the front are 4ws, mine does not.
No sir...My x485 is 2wd and 2ws. I added the Special Edition front hubs and 10" wheels/tires.
These are the same wheels and tires that you would find on a x575 585 595 728 748.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are you sure I thought the x485's that have lug bolts in the front are 4ws, mine does not.
No sir...My x485 is 2wd and 2ws. I added the Special Edition front hubs and 10" wheels/tires.
These are the same wheels and tires that you would find on a x575 585 595 728 748.
Loader turned out great!! I've been looking for one and will do that same process when I get one.

Did you buy the wheels new or used? They add a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Loader turned out great!! I've been looking for one and will do that same process when I get one.

Did you buy the wheels new or used? They add a nice touch.
Thank you.
The wheels, tires and hubs were all new including new rear tires, but original rear wheels.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts