My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is to show that the 44inch snow blower for the X300 or X500 series Can fit on the X500 series tractors with Hydraulic Lift such as the X530, X534 & X540 Tractors and it is to show that the 44inch front Blade from the X300 series Can Fit on the X500 series tractors. Because Most John Deere Dealers will tell You if Your Upgrading from a X300 to a X500 That Those two attachments will Not Fit. Well this thread was made so You as a owner Can Take Photographic Proof to Your John Deere dealer that the 44inch snow Blower will fit On the X500 series with Hydraulic lift and the 44inch Blade will fit On any of the X500 series tractors

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Here you go Sergeant. My x530 with a 44 blower on it and it works great. First winter of use, out 12 times so far doing 3 driveways.

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
No action shots but here's my X530 with 44" blower. Only used it 3 times so far since we haven't had snow. Neighbor says he saw me with a BIG 'ol grin using it and it throws!:fing32:

By the way, my dealer said it wouldn't work either until I insisted they set it up that way. Thanks to all the knowledge I've gained here, I knew better.

Attachments

·
where is all the snow???
96 Posts
OK....figured out how to put up a picture. I have a few ore in my picture album called Winter 2012.

Bob

·
Murph
1,915 Posts
I ran into what I'm wondering may be my first problem. The front attachment hitch hooked up no problem but when I lift it up by hand it is hitting the front bumper on the 540 which extends out way further than the bumper on the 300. I put it back on the 300 and measured the maximum height that it would raise from the floor and it is 5 3/4 inches on the 300 and 4 3/4 inches on the 540, 1 inch higher. Question is do I need to remove the front bumper on the 540?

Pictures hopefully show where it hits.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If You have the weight Bracket installed The Max lift height will be Lower Than with the Metal front Bumper Installed

·
Murph
1,915 Posts
X520 & X540 You will Probably Have to Un Bolt the front weight Bracket to gain the Lift Height for the 44inch Blower to Mount On those Tractors. The front weight bracket on those tractors can be replaced with the Front Bumper from the 2007 X500 Model or the X530 and the X300 series front Bumper
OK, these are pictures to the 300 and the 540, doesn't look like the 300 bumper will bolt on to the 540. Smaller bolts, plastic trim, hood hinges different etc. I really hate to do this but I may be taking it to a friends and having that front weight bracket notched out or cut off and calling it good. The only thing I'd ever want to put on the front in the future would be a blade, if I was to cut the weight bracket off what would that mess up that option?

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.