My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I have a 448 case that I purchased a newer shuttle/spool valve that has the holding feature. When I received the valve, the shaft that controls the motor slides back and forth freely. The shaft that controls the lift ram would not move. I turned the shaft a little and it popped outward when you push it in it is hard, under spring presssure and it pushes its self back out is this right or should it slide back and forth freely like the motor shaft control.

Thanks, hardpull

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You, boomer I didn't think to try to pull it out further. I just received it in the mail today. It had a rough trip. I guess it got jammed in all the way in shipping. Do you thank that would have hurt it.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
hard. lets hope it did not hurt it.
in my opinion there is nothing worse, than a seller that just throws something in a box, and hopes for the best.
when i ship, it is close to bomb proof.
thank you. boomer

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
My good friend Boomer omitted a key piece of information and I'll chalk that up to his advanced age.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

The lift spool is not only self-centering but it also has a "float" detent. I suspect that the spool was in the detent position when it arrived and you have to put a fair bit of force on the spool to pull it out of the detent position. In other words, I don't believe that you have a thing to worry about with this valve. Install it and enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts