My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
all over the place
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just acquired a 446 and wasn't able to find the year in the list. the number is 14026677. any help would be great. i know it's a 16 h.p. onan and i got it running well. i got it with a deck and blade for the front and probably will be looking for hydraulic help.
thanks for any help.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
spend an evening reading through this forum. Also check the manuals section. All your info needs can be met here and if you can't sort something out someone will be glad to help. Congrats on getting a great machine

·
all over the place
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for the responses. i have discovered that the starter is adjustable as it would grind when i got it. i thought for sure that i was going to be out for a new one but after taking off the front end along with the cowling and flywheel i made the discovery. it is nice to be able to repair small problems without making any major purchases.

i am worried about the pump though as it goes forward ok but has a little issue when backing(hesitant and slow response). i was using the front blade and it got lodged under a root and made no effort to lift on command so i backed up a little and it raised no problem. i realize these are not major lifters but think it would try to lift. wouldn't it also be reasonable to think the blade would raise the front of the tractor? (when pushing the blade down)

·
Registered
806 Posts
You got yourself a good piece of equipment there.

I have to get parts for my Case 222 out of Kansas.
I hope you have better luck finding parts than I do.

·
all over the place
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for the short period of time i have had it i have to say i am quite impressed. unlike modern mower decks i cannot hardly hear this on working, i removed the deck to make sure there were blades on it. i need to sharpen the blades and replace the wheelies on the adjusters but that is a cheap fix.

i have a friend that had a 444 and he convinced me that if i didn't buy it he would. knowing him i figured i had better not pass the deal up.

anybody know where i would be able to look at attachments for this machine?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
The hydraulic lift for the blade and snowblower is plenty strong enough to lift the attachments and also provide some down pressure but there is a relief valve that limits the pressure to the cylinder so that you don't damage the lift mechanism.

As for attachments, you can go to the Ingersoll web site and see many of them. You can also peruse the archives and you'll see photos of most of them. You might also join the yahoo group for Case garden tractors as there is an extensive photo archive showing not only OEM attachments but many homemade ones as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts