My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been looking at a 445 for sale locally.

It is in good shape with a 60" deck, rear PTO and hitch, 1650 hours. Its a 93.

I would be using it with a dirt scoop to move mulch around a few times a year and mowing thru the summer.

They want 4K for it that seems high to me but I see value in the power steering, foot controlled hydro and cat 1 hitch.

No pics but what is the going range for a 445 that is almost 20 years old. Im thinking for 6k I could get something like a Kubota BX1500 with a FEL.

Thanks,
John

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
John, that is way too much.

A 1993 is going to have the plastic cam gear, so you should ask to see evidence that it was replaced.

While it's my belief (based on it being water cooled) it should last a good 2,500 or more hours, those are a lot of hours.

On the plus side, the rear PTO and 3PH probably add $1,000 to the value, so maybe $3,000-$3,500 is more realistic.

But as you note, used Kubotas can be a value.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've got a 96 445 with the cam upgrade and 60" mmm, just over 900 hrs no 3 pt or pto with rear ags . I place the value at 3800.00 and it would sell around here at that price .
So I don't think 4000.00 is to far off depending on condition

·
Registered
486 Posts
I need to go to Virginia and pick up a few of these $2100 machines.
Yes mine is in very good condition and I take extremely good care of it . the price I would ask for mine ,while I know I could get it , in reality probably also reflects that I'm not anywhere near interested in selling it ...LOL

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Well, I sold one with 2200 hours on it for about $3K. No 3 pt or rear PTO, of course the engine was completely rebuilt. Still, sounds like a reasonable price if all is in good shape and it has the steel cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts