My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been working on a 1974 Case 444 Barn Find for a close friend of mine. Got it running and worked most of the bugs out of it from setting for 10 years. My last problem is the brakes or should I say lack of brakes. Was going to take it apart and see what was going on. My son thought he would help me and took them of while I was at work. The pad is worn but not totally worn out. But I am not sure if I have them back on correctly. I have added a picture of how I thought it was hooked up but I am not sure I have them right. The manuals I have found the brakes look different. Any help or pictures would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Hemlock Case Guy
315 Posts
I can confirm that your try is wrong. Search Google and get the owners manual. It may be on this site. You can download them for free. The brake is just a parking brake. You cannot stop a hydraulic driven anything with the brakes unless you are in neutral.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the operator's manual for that tractor, available online here: https://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdisplay.php/25-Operator-Manuals Under the preventative maintenance section there should be sketch of the brakes, those actually look like the parts from a 1976 model instead of a '74. But in the one manual I found a sketch like the attached picture..

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts