My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get a second opinion before I really do something I shouldn't. I have to replace the load shaft seals on my 4430 due to a leak. I have the snap rings and the caps off of the drawbar support, but I cannot get the load shaft out of the tractor. Should it just slide out? I have tried hitting it with a brass punch and hammer. It will only move about a quarter of an inch, then stop. I have also tried to use an air hammer on it with no luck. Has anyone been in this situation before? My next move is to use a porta power to try to force it out. Is there anything else holding it in the transmission case? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It should slide right out. Do you have the hitch down and the load control in min position? It could be the shaft has a notch worn where the load control arm rides on the shaft. Make sure that hitch is down and maybe have someone move the load control lever back and forth while you try to get it to move.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come to think of it, the hitch is probably not down all of the way. I pulled the lift arms off of it in the mid position to make them easier to remove. I did put the load control in the "zero" position. Thank you for the help. I will go out there and let you know what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you are right about the notch in the shaft. The lift arms were all the way down. I had no luck sliding the shaft out. I will try to get someone to work the load control as I try to slide it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts