My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, this is my first post after my intro, i bought a 442 a couple years ago, has the sleeve hitch and PTO, came with a mower deck and a tiller, while trying to till i learned what the difference between hydrostatic and hydraulic drive is, this is my first hydraulic drive, well as soon as the tiller hit the dirt i knew something was not right, so as a lurker on here i found out about adding a flow control, my question is where on my tractor do i mount the control? thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Mornin Budd, and welcome to the forum.

I'm fraid to speculate cause there are way more knowledgable guys on here than me on these lil tractors, but, if i recall corectly, the flow control is not vairable on these. it is on, or off at the port.
I'm afraid you will have to explain a little more clearly what the tiller does when you hit the dirt, does it shudder, does it stop turning, is the whole tractor not pulling itself ahead, there are many symptoms, we could use a more clear defenition.

Jay

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
I have a flow control valve and it is absolutely "variable"
It is mounted on the right side of the dash tower.
Some early models have it on the left side of tower.
Perhaps reversing the tiller tines and operating the tiller in reverse (CCW from right side) would minimise any travel issues.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I have a flow control valve and it is absolutely "variable"
:thanku: for the clarification 99, I must be thinking about a selector valve. :dunno:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys, i already have a new flow valve, going to paint it orange today, i was looking on here for pics of tractors with sleeve hitch controls and PTO controls that had the flow vale installed, i wonder if many tractors came that way? i traded a ride on mower i picked up for free with the guy next door to make up my hoses and suply fittings, on a side note i dont see many 442 on this site?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts