My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 44" blade last year and never got to use it last year. I've used it 3 times this year but was curious how you guys with the 44" remote angling kit (LP33712) like that option. Right now I just set it one way and blade back and forth to the edges in my driveway/alley but I see where it could be a great option as I still finding myself wanting to doze some too. I'm looking at that option or even possibly getting or finding an old actuator and seeing if I could mount one without doing any welding as I don't have a welder. I've seen STLADRILL's setup which is a really good idea.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I used a manual angle kit on the old style 43 blade for quite a few years and was very satisfied with it,not the same but very similar to the new style kit.It does take some effort but still beats getting off the tractor everytime you need to change angle and saves time too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ill be fabing an angle kit with an actuator either next week or the week after ill show you some pics of what i come up with, it should give you a couple of ideas if nothing else...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill be fabing an angle kit with an actuator either next week or the week after ill show you some pics of what i come up with, it should give you a couple of ideas if nothing else...
Thank you!!

·
close enuff works for me
3,092 Posts

This is my custom fabrication (home built) angling lever, bicycle handle and cable to release pin ,push and pull the lever to turn blade.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neat idea Deereboy55!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 44" blade last year and never got to use it last year. I've used it 3 times this year but was curious how you guys with the 44" remote angling kit (LP33712) like that option. Right now I just set it one way and blade back and forth to the edges in my driveway/alley but I see where it could be a great option as I still finding myself wanting to doze some too. I'm looking at that option or even possibly getting or finding an old actuator and seeing if I could mount one without doing any welding as I don't have a welder. I've seen STLADRILL's setup which is a really good idea.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
I have that blade, and I installed the 44" remote angling kit (LP33712). NOT impressed with it at all. It is a poorly designed Kludge. First off, the frame that holds the plunger pin is held in place by bolts. If they aren't tightened really tight, the frame moves around, and the pin that is supposed to lock the blade angle doesn't align with the hole.

Also, the locking pin appears to be made of soft steel. I managed to bend it today. I will have to pull it out and straighten it with heat, or else buy a new part. Unfortunately, our John Deere dealer isn't open on weekends at all...

·
Super Moderator
31,153 Posts
First welcome to MTF cjshaker! Even some of the old ones were what I would call "contraptions" at best, they work but not always the most elegant design. Pin is probably soft to prevent damage to the pin holes which would be harder to fix.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had it on my x360 till I switch over to the 44'' blower.....I thought the angle kit work just fine for me.....But then
again I only used it for snow .....

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
FWIW I have a used one on my X520 ( 44 blade and angling kit. ) The PO bent the pin ( which I understand is NOT available ) and bent some other parts. Sooo I got it cheap !!

1. It is a flimsy arrangement at best BUT I like it a lot. and if you are easy on it, it does work like it should.

2. I have a 44 blower for bigger storms on my X540, BUT the plow works much better on these sleet and dusting and 1/2 water 1/2 snow type small storms.

3. My guess they get bent and broken when used as a plow ( LOL) You have to lift @ the end of a row, not bash the pile like a pick up truck plow.

Think of it as an angling pusher.

The above videos snow is deeper than I use mine, but you can if you are easy on it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have a X500 with 48" blade. The JD manual angle kit was too expensive for what it was. Built my own with spare parts and odd bits of steel. One thing I am aware of is that any manual angling mechanism is NOT supposed to take any of the back forces from the blade whether in dirt or snow.

The blade must always be in one of its locked positions when dozing or plowing. All mine does is unlock the pin, and moves the blade right or left, then drops the locking pin back in place. I don't expect anything more of it. On 2nd season of snow plowing and it performs just fine in its defined role.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts