My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wanted to know if a dozer blade with the full frame from a 432 would fit a 816s as is, or would it have to be modified. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Should work no problem. The axle latch kits, however, are different.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Here is a picture of the plow brackets you would need for the 816 unless it has the liftable rear hitch that already has the plow brackets built into it. The plow itself is the same. Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have this piece but I am not sure if that is what you are referring to or even what this is really for. I thought it was for the rear hitch but not sure. This is my first gravely. If this isnt what you are referring to where would I pick up one of those brackets?

IMG00007-20100902-1150.jpg

I do not think the image worked but its on this link http://img14.imageshack.us/f/img00007201009021150.jpg/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a partial liftable hitch for a single-cylinder machine. Oldgravelys.net will have some manuals that show how it is installed and used.
I think since I have the Briggs I only have the right side rear lift because the air filter is in the way of the left side. I'll look at the website to see how it's attached but can this be used for the plow?

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
The 816 (no "S") has the distinction of being the only 800 or newer machine (AFAIK) that came with a liftable hitch and plow brackets (called "axle latches") from the factory. To accomplish this, the rear hitch weldment looked like in this side view:

The "axle latches" are all the way to the right in that picture (the pivoting part is missing).

Eveled's picture above of the axle latches are to add-on to other tractors by bolting them through the hitch weldment and into the axle bearing retainers, like this:

Your picture shows only the pivoting "sleeve" portion of the hitch and unless the axle latches are already on your 816s, you will need to purchase them. They are on ebay from time to time.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I'd pick up a set from Cogan Iron worker here in PA if I had it to do over again. They are cheaper and superior to the OEM ones IMHO. I read today that he'll be at Antram's this weekend. He also lists them on E-Bay from time to time.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
On the upside, if you end up getting the plow bracket for the 432 with the plow. You can sell the 432 bracket for more than the you'll spend for the 800 bracket. Good luck, Ed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all your help guys. I checked ebay but no luck, what was the iron workers ebay name.

I also came across a plow from a 8167 would that plow and axle hitch work?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to sort out the different parts from 400 800 and 8000 tractors. Thanks.

Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts