My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back to pick the brains of the most knowable fellers around!. Ok now that Iv kissed a little butt here's my problem, I just recently picked up s 30" hydraulic tiller through a friend of mine. It was missing the pump that attaches to the tractor. I was told it came off a 318 so I thought it would be ok cause I would need a different pump set up to hook up to my 430. Now I need your help to make that connection. My 430 has a rear pto, with the front and middle pto as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this thing plumbed. What do I need to do to properly attach this tiller to my 430. I'm looking for a 3pt hitch to go on the tiller as well since my tractor is equipped that way. Or am I starting down a road I don't want? Thank you all for your help on this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Moved to John Deere forum.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so an update, I have decided to hook the tiller up the way it was intended with the double belt pulley on the rear. I have purchased the tiller pump and bracket now I need to find the tractor side of it. But where I have the 2000 rpm gear case on my 430 already I'm wonder how big of a deal it will be to take that off and put the pulley and shaft on? Any help will be awesome!! Thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found the tiller side but I still need the parts for the tractor. Like the double pulley and the shaft and the belts

·
1K poster
1,791 Posts
hey bud, I was trying to find the PTO unit you need, it's actually cheaper normally than the sort of standard PTO with an input shaft like this one

the one you are looking for is like one I sold earlier this year off a 318, it runs a belt not a shaft. If I'm not correct, maybe someone will set me straight and if I am, maybe they will post a pic of what I'm talking about. I could not find the pic of the one I sold

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey bud, I was trying to find the PTO unit you need, it's actually cheaper normally than the sort of standard PTO with an input shaft like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EonRHshxpt8

the one you are looking for is like one I sold earlier this year off a 318, it runs a belt not a shaft. If I'm not correct, maybe someone will set me straight and if I am, maybe they will post a pic of what I'm talking about. I could not find the pic of the one I sold

Thank you for responding to my question, the one in this video is the one I already have and it won't work for the hydraulic till I'm told. So I need one that is just a shaft that connects to the electric clutch but has a double pulley? Or a single?.

·
1K poster
1,791 Posts
yes, the one you don't have is a little more rare, but cheaper and likely the one you need. I think it was a single pulley, I feel bad b/c I had one and can't remember. I think I sold it for around $450. Keep searching eBay, i'm sure one will come up

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, the one you don't have is a little more rare, but cheaper and likely the one you need. I think it was a single pulley, I feel bad b/c I had one and can't remember. I think I sold it for around $450. Keep searching eBay, i'm sure one will come up

Hey thank you very much for your help! Now I know what I need to look for!

·
Registered
998 Posts
More photos of the type you'll want. Can see the dual pulley bracket is shaped somewhat differently than the single pulley bracket & has the slot for the locking handle that's used with that particular set-up. Not sure if a single pulley would be sufficient to run the pump\tiller even if you could get one of those to fit & work.

330%20John%20Deere%20001.jpg 131036.jpg

P1160409 -#2.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JDDottie, thank you for finding theses pictures it is helping me a ton. I'm sitting here looking at the setup for the 30" tiller and wondering if I could build on myself. If I could get some good solid dimensions of the bracket and a parts list from Deere on the bearings and shaft and what not I bet I could make it myself. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Have you thought about trying to rig up something that would work with your 2000 RPM gearbox/transfer case? That option may take a different pump so as to ensure proper tiller oil flow rate / tine speed.

93072.jpg 93073.jpg

294399.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you thought about trying to rig up something that would work with your 2000 RPM gearbox/transfer case? That option may take a different pump so as to ensure proper tiller oil flow rate / tine speed.

View attachment 2121521 View attachment 2121529

View attachment 2121537

Yes I have thought about that, but I was able to purchase the pump and brackets with the pulley for the tiller side for a smoking deal. And my thought being if I ever tried to sell this tiller I thought it would be easier to sell with all the oem parts. Maybe I'm off base but that's how my screwy brain functions.

·
1K poster
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
If you really want a tiller attachment for your 430 & it already has a 3 pt. hitch & 2000 RPM rear PTO,
another option would be to sell, trade what you have towards a 48 tiller - if you can find one & can afford it.

48_tiller.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts