My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
If you search for "Gravely front hitch" on eBay you will see a couple options. I think either are reasonably priced. I've never pulled the trigger since I don't have a trailer to move, and I've always wanted to see if someone would design one to work with the front attachment lift, to lift the tongue of a smaller trailer off the ground.

·
Inveterate Putterer
2,964 Posts
There is a thread on here that I can't find. It explains a front hitch I did that will fit a G series. The design can easily be adapted to fit a 400, 800, or earlier 8000. You need a sleeve hitch from Harbor Freight and a some parts from a scrap rider deck lift linkage. I am attaching a few images that kinda tell the story.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys!! That one you made and the two on eBay are pretty slick!!! That's definitely where I need to be headed. But first I need to pick up the two attachment brackets that angle down from the three bolts. Anyone have a couple spares kicking around? Closer to central Massachusetts the better!!

Thanks again, and btw, this tractor with a really beat up 50" deck mows much nicer than my early 90's Craftsman gt!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts