My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello great forum!
Have a Deere 425 and want to know the weight capacity of the front and rear axles, how much will they handel without bending ect? Have a scoop atachment on a snow blade and tires look flat with a heavy load. Tires are factory "Titan" inflated to 12 psi. Did Deere make a heavy duty front tire for the loader atachments that would solve my problem? Is there a after market cheeper tire and wheel alternative? Would like a full set of tires and wheels anyway for playing in dirt. :praying: Also would be good to know the towing capacity?
Thanks

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
cnc,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Keep in mind that the further out in front the load is extended, the more load you put on the tractor. You should consider counter-ballast (loaded rear tires, weights, even a 3PH weight bar with suitcase weights). I used to have a 425 and with the front snowblower used 2 weights on each rear tire as well as 3PH weight when needed.

Here's a pic:

·
Super Moderator
16,328 Posts
Deere had 4ply tires for the front instead of the standard 2ply that came stock. I use AG's on the back and 4ply turf's for the front on MY X485 w/45loader and they make a noticable diffrence compared to the two ply. I have two Ply front's on my White GT2055 with Kwick-way loader and they flatten out a little when you have a full bucket of Dirt or Gravel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts