My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel and temp gauges do not workon my 425, It is a 1993. I don't konw if it's in the dash or in the ignition. I'm in the dark; show me the way; I took the dash out Unpluged it cleaned the terminals pluged it back in, Still no reading; My what to do ??:banghead3

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Tony,

Have they ever worked, or did they recently stop working. Also, do any of the warning lights illuminate when you turn the key to the "on" position, without starting the tractor?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tony,

Have they ever worked, or did they recently stop working. Also, do any of the warning lights illuminate when you turn the key to the "on" position, without starting the tractor?

Thanks,
Scott
Everthing Lights, PTO ingagement, Battery, They all work, Except the fuel and temp,, I took the thermestate out , put it back in covered up part of the rad. to get the temp up. still no reading sifened the gas out of the tank refilled. even drank a Bud. Nothing helped it,. I have 3 of them, This one has been setting for a couple months.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmm.. I could be wrong, but it sounds like the cluster may be at fault. It would be odd for both the remote fuel and temp sensors to both be malfunctioning at the same time..

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys, As far as I can tell It's in the switch; And that is connected to the module, Ouch, The dealer just Smiled when I told him.When i sell it i'll just Knock a couple hundred off. the price; I.ve Been looking on EBAY for one. No luck.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked up a new one Near fellout of my chair when I heard the JD price. well I took it out Took it apart. put it togather, No work. took it out Rapped it a couple times with my screw driver, Put it back in, Whoo the temp works; It may need 1or3 more rapps to get the fuel guage to work. Any way I saved enough money to buy me some more screw drivers that I can use for hammers.. What goes around comes around,, life is good;;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts