My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 445 with a quick hitch cylinder leak. It has a lift cylinder and an angle cylinder. Part number stamped on the lift cylinder is AM119905. I think this part number is obsolete and replaced by AM147210. I cannot see the part numbers on the angle cylinder but based on internet research it should be part BM17650.

The price for a new lift cylinder is about $400 and a new angle cylinder is about $200.

The only difference I can see in these is how one of the fittings connects to the cylinder with an elbow rather than straight. I would like to save $200 if I can.

Question: Will a replacement angle cylinder work as a lift cylinder?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
WG, I can't find specs on BM17650 as far as bore, stroke, pin sizes, etc. Your $200 cylinder may work, or not!

The info I found for the angling cylinder is JD # AUC13259 or AM31362. The AM31362 is the same as the AM119905, so no $$ savings there! Try to verify the BM17650 is the correct part number. If you have the tools to grind the weld, repairing the cylinder is the cheapest way to go. Bob

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Angle and lift are both same. $400 for just the cylinder? And $200 for the whole kit? Interesting.

Lift cylinder
Lift cylinder AUC13259
SUB FOR AM31362

Lift cylinder AM147210
SUB FOR AM119905

Angle cylinder
Part Number AM147210
SUB FOR AM119905

Part number AUC13259
SUB FOR AM31362, ANGLING

BM17650 is the complete angling kit

Parts Catalog Quick Hitch Parts

Attachments

Reactions: rwmeyer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I understand the different part numbers relative to the cylinder kit with hoses compared to the lone cylinder. My concern was if the angle and lift cylinders were actually different. Based on the replies and what I see on the internet parts lists the cylinders appear to be the same. Or at least I can't confirm they are different.

Additionally, I tried to compare part numbers from the original cylinders on the quick hitch. I also looked at the chute cylinder for the 47" two stage blower that I have. The quick hitch lift cylinder and the chute cylinder are the same, but the angle cylinder did not have a part number on it.

Oh well....I am ordering the BM17650 kit. I expect it will fit the bill for the replacement quick hitch lift cylinder. It's not a bad idea to replace the hoses, too. I will let you know results in coming weeks if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Rockshaft/Deck lifting cylinder too long. Quick hitch cylinder 8 inch length, rockshaft/deck cylinder 9 inches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rockshaft/Deck lifting cylinder too long. Quick hitch cylinder 8 inch length, rockshaft/deck cylinder 9 inches.

What is a rockshaft/deck cylinder? You are using different terminology than previously referenced. Please clarify. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have always thought the deck lifting cylinder was very similar and could be retrofitted since they are commonly available used and cheap.

I replied to randyandrewsber mentioning rockshaft/deck cylinder. The cylinder that lifts the mower deck, nothing to do with quick hitch.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
WG, On the rear of your tractor is a shaft that goes from one side of the tractor to the other. This is called the rockshaft. It'll also have arms on it that attach to a mower deck if installed. The rockshaft is actuated by a hydraulic cylinder and is referred to as the rockshaft/deck cylinder. It's similar in appearance...a cylinder with a rod!... but may be physically different and not interchangeable with other cylinders. Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.