My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my wits end on worthless instructions John Deere provides for their attachments. Took me well over a month of buying & returning parts trying to get the proper Power Flow setup for my GX345. John Deere dealer was absolutely clueless so it was trial & error all the way. Now trying to get the snowblower running that came with the new to me 345 I bought several months ago. Again instructions in the manuals are worthless, they provide photos that show you nothing & they don't give a list of the parts that are necessary that you can cross check. I checked You Tube & there was nothing that helped. Anybody have a suggestion?
I pushed the blower under the tractor & none of the hangers line up with anything they can be attached to. When I look at the photos there isn't enough detail visible to be any help. Looks like I'm missing one or more parts but without a list of those that are needed along with the lack of clear photos or drawings"...........Jeez!
Anybody out there have a 42 Snowthrower & a GX345 so they can give me a list &/or photos of the parts I need? Thanks

·
G.T.Fever-VA
584 Posts
You have the lift kit installed I assume. It is a bar with a tab that connects to the lift cylinder (same cylinder for mower deck lift) that runs between two vertical hangers on each side of frame at about the midpoint of the tractor. (These flat steel hangers act as a deck lift stop also).

Your snowblower will have two attach point Clevises that will attach with round pins and lock with cotter pins to the two tabs attached to the bar that raise/lower as the bar is rotated by the lift cylinder.

Only other attach point is the bar that attaches diagonally from snow thrower across the front of the tractor and acts as a stabilizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have the lift kit installed I assume. It is a bar with a tab that connects to the lift cylinder (same cylinder for mower deck lift) that runs between two vertical hangers on each side of frame at about the midpoint of the tractor. (These flat steel hangers act as a deck lift stop also).

Your snowblower will have two attach point Clevises that will attach with round pins and lock with cotter pins to the two tabs attached to the bar that raise/lower as the bar is rotated by the lift cylinder.

Only other attach point is the bar that attaches diagonally from snow thrower across the front of the tractor and acts as a stabilizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably don't have this part. I'll need to look tomorrow. I have something like this but it's further back than in your photo. I'm having trouble understanding your description but I do have C shaped clamps that close over the ends of a rod & there are other hangers in front of the c clamps that don't have any place to attach which makes me think I'm missing parts - including the one in your photo.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I’ll be able to get you pictures of anything you need tomorrow. In the meantime, here is a thread I started when I went through my own issues trying to mount my thrower at first - perhaps it may help you:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I was where this guy is 25 years ago. It's hard to understand the direction of the Front lift kit is NOT installed. If it's not none of the pictures he looking at make any sense. I'm sure that where he is having the problem. Once you get that lift bracket installed putting the snowthrower on is a 15-minute job. I had that snowthrower on my 1997-2000-and 2005 GX345.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was where this guy is 25 years ago. It's hard to understand the direction of the Front lift kit is NOT installed. If it's not none of the pictures he looking at make any sense. I'm sure that where he is having the problem. Once you get that lift bracket installed putting the snowthrower on is a 15-minute job. I had that snowthrower on my 1997-2000-and 2005 GX345.
I’ll be able to get you pictures of anything you need tomorrow. In the meantime, here is a thread I started when I went through my own issues trying to mount my thrower at first - perhaps it may help you:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2nd Try-
Ok, in review the snowblower I have has no identifiers other than 42 Snowthrower Serial # M03252X243337. I see you demonspeed have a 3252M so I guess they are the same but you also mention BM 18789 which I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Since it sounds like I have the correct snowblower I need a BM 19216 Attach Kit & BM 20781 Lift Kit, correct? You mention using the latches(#17) & hook (#24). Do I need to order those as well? Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
How I went about figuring all the parts out was to break down each part that comes in those kits. I then compared to what was already on the thrower and ordered only the parts I needed as many of the kits use the same parts -- there may only be just one or two specific things you need. Attached is listing of all attachments, what kits, etc. are needed for each tractor. The BM18789 is the part number for the model 3252M thrower (3252M being the model number).

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How I went about figuring all the parts out was to break down each part that comes in those kits. I then compared to what was already on the thrower and ordered only the parts I needed as many of the kits use the same parts -- there may only be just one or two specific things you need. Attached is listing of all attachments, what kits, etc. are needed for each tractor. The BM18789 is the part number for the model 3252M thrower (3252M being the model number).
Thanks for the list but where did you purchase the parts you needed & how did you find out which parts were included in the kits?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I purchased everything from the dealer. There should be a parts breakdown for the kits via the JD parts website. That is, you’ll want to click on the parts diagram for the thrower after choosing your tractor and then you’ll see a pile of parts. There should be an asterisk or “a” “b” etc next to specific numbers which will correspond to parts included in a particular kit. It was annoying an stoke consuming, but it was the way I could figure it out.

I can take a picture of my setup so you can see exactly which parts you need for the lifting kit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased everything from the dealer. There should be a parts breakdown for the kits via the JD parts website. That is, you’ll want to click on the parts diagram for the thrower after choosing your tractor and then you’ll see a pile of parts. There should be an asterisk or “a” “b” etc next to specific numbers which will correspond to parts included in a particular kit. It was annoying an stoke consuming, but it was the way I could figure it out.

I can take a picture of my setup so you can see exactly which parts you need for the lifting kit.
Thanks! A picture would be great! It would make things much easier.

·
Super Moderator
32,765 Posts
Marshallgang, you may want to start your search here: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/65457

JD's online parts site is pretty nice. You can also register and select your local JD Dealer and then anything you put in the shopping cart will be sent to your local JD dealer to order and get for you. I will say that sometimes you will have to call the JD dealer after doing an online order and make sure the did their follow-up on it. Two times I've had to remind my local dealer to order.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I for sure know how frustrating this can be to get set up the first time. I don't have my 345 anymore or I would have taken some pictures I did find a picture of the part I'm sure you need. Those bolts with the U shaped pins fit into the frame rails of the snowthrower.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you're near Hudson, WI you're more than welcome to stop by my place and I'll show you exactly how to hook everything up and help figure out what all you need

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you're near Hudson, WI you're more than welcome to stop by my place and I'll show you exactly how to hook everything up and help figure out what all you need
I'm in Columbus, Ohio but considering the time I'm sure it's taken/going to take to figure this out it might be better for me to drive out there!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Here what you'll have when you get it figured out. These are beasts at throwing snow.

Reactions: GX345ISMYTRACTOR

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I for sure know how frustrating this can be to get set up the first time. I don't have my 345 anymore or I would have taken some pictures I did find a picture of the part I'm sure you need. Those bolts with the U shaped pins fit into the frame rails of the snowthrower. View attachment 2441766
Is this the BM 20781 Lift? Is the slotted front section where the stabilizer bar attaches?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the photos. I thought I responded several days ago but I don’t see it. So I think I have the correct hardware except for the 20781 Lift Kit. I’m thinking the photo that McGee posted is what I’m looking for. I think I’ll order it and skip the BM19216 Attach Kit since it looks like I have the rest of the hardware.
A2C9401A-03C1-4562-8602-95317894FE80.jpeg
EE14C299-01C9-46B7-9817-531946EF641A.jpeg
2324206C-E2B6-480F-9787-3DA3E456DDDC.jpeg
96013671-9531-4D07-A28F-A45E56B12B67.jpeg
F0ED2DA0-A871-4440-8B4C-E7C1C930382B.jpeg
A2C9401A-03C1-4562-8602-95317894FE80.jpeg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts