My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to find out before I get to the point of being ready to paint the deck, snow blade and snow caster. What color should these implements be? It is for a 1970 1053, I have seen some decks painted green like the one bolens1000 has in his thread and I have seen them painted red as well.

I don't know if it is original paint on the implements right now but currently the mower deck and snow caster are red and the snow blade is yellow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to look to see if the model number is still on the deck or I can take a picture of it and post it if it isn't on there any more.

·
5,523 Posts
It's the right color (red)

·
jbs1257
438 Posts
That looks like an 18421 deck. I have seen that deck in both green and red but for 1970 thru 1972 they should have all been red. I have seen the blades in yellow, red, black and green. My guess is yellow is the original color of it but it depended on what year it was purchased new. It is the same number blade throughout the years but make it whatever color looks best . I would make all of it red for your year tractor personally if your going to go through the hassle of painting them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts