My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a Ingersoll 4020 that was running good but ½ way through cutting my yard it started vibrating when I would put the forward reverse hydro lever in natural. The more I ran it the worse it seemed to get. It was starting vibrating when I would be moving slowly. If anyone has any ideas or has had something similar happen to them I would appreciate it. I haven’t dug into this much yet I was just wanting to see if anyone had any ideas before I jump into it .

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
The first thing I would look at is the drive pump that is connected to the engine. You may have a broken torque arm or a coupling problem.

If you have not printed out a parts manual for your particular serial number, then I suggest you do so. The pictorials will give you a better idea as to what things should look like.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Castoff is spot on, check out these threads, my heart goes out to you, this is not an easy repair because it is so tight in there.

Look between your dash tower and engine at the coupling is it broken, cracked, a piece missing? If so then:

Take your hood off and disconnect your battery and then remove all wiring to the engine and your choke/throttle cables and then loosen the engine and slide it forward to give yourself some working room. The trick is to have a good sample of tooling crowsfoot wrenchs etc.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=77039&highlight=Massey+Ferguson+320+GTX

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showt...hlight=Massey+Ferguson+320+GTX+Bites+The+Dust

Get it apart and take some pics so we can advise you further.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I found the problem it was the set screws ont the pump shaft. some how they had worked there way losse. Easy fix.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didnt. I wasnt sure if it would fix it or not, so I just snuged them down for now. I will take them back out some time this weekend, and put some locktite on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts