My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4020 (serial # 14141987) that I am removing the 3pt hitch from and I need to know if the "T" fittings remain on the tractor or get removed. If I remove them I can't get the mid cylinder lines to slide up into the tractor frame enough to hook up.

Thanks, Darin

·
Registered
786 Posts
The tees are only required if you are using a 3pt. You can remove them but you will have to take off the motor hyrdaulic lines, and then you will have to purchase two straight fittings. The easiest way to take care of this is to go to a hydraulic shop and buy two caps.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
Your 4020 likely had a factory intent 3 Point installation, since the T fittings are there.

You'll want to keep the T's with the 3 point, if your intent is to sell it.

If you have the straight fittings coming out of the TCV lift ports, then you should just need to 'encourage' the lift tubes back in to position.

If you have 45 deg fittings coming out of the TCV lift ports, then you need to revise the setup. The 45's should be pointign roughly rearward in the tractor. You will need to loosen the fitting at the TCV, rotate it 180 deg so the 45 points forward, then you'll find the lines can be encouraged to hook up.

If you prefer not to mess with it and just leave the T's in the tractor, I can sell you a new set of T's and caps for the one in the tractor for about $35.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts