My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was hoping that someone from this forum might be able to help me. I was out mowing with my 4018 ingersoll until my belt blew apart and snagged someone's wire job. It was a black and yellow wire and a black wire that someone had the one end butt connected together and taped. But with lack of wire to indicate where they went i had to figure it out. Found the black and yellow went to the pto pulley but was lost on the black. (Wouldnt turnover at that time) then on the back side of the dash cover i found a 3 wire connection block with two wires jumped together but the last wire had no connection. So i tied into that and now it turns over but wont start. And it is getting spark but seems a little week. Any ideas?

·
4,878 Posts
Hi Johnnyboy and welcome aboard MTF ....so ...in one direction the black and yellow goes to the PTO....where does the other end take you? ...and it sounds as though the black wire is what you took to that 3 wire block and connected.....where does the other end of that go?....I would try disconnecting the black wire and see if you can find a place to bolt it to the chassis and see if it is a ground

·
Super Moderator
29,590 Posts
Hi, I was hoping that someone from this forum might be able to help me. I was out mowing with my 4018 ingersoll until my belt blew apart and snagged someone's wire job. It was a black and yellow wire and a black wire that someone had the one end butt connected together and taped. But with lack of wire to indicate where they went i had to figure it out. Found the black and yellow went to the pto pulley but was lost on the black. (Wouldnt turnover at that time) then on the back side of the dash cover i found a 3 wire connection block with two wires jumped together but the last wire had no connection. So i tied into that and now it turns over but wont start. And it is getting spark but seems a little week. Any ideas?
Welcome to MTF, just a note, this is an old thread and most of those members haven't been active for a few years. You may benefit from starting your own thread in the ingersoll forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
MARK (LI) PA318Guy, thank you for the response. This was the first post i seen for the ingersoll so i hurried up to post before i left for work. But the black and yellow still had a piece left on the pto clutch so thats how i knew it went there. The back wire i had like 8 inches left after it was wrapped and shredded around the motor pulley with now signs of where the other end went to. Like i had the thing apart trying to figure it out. Or why whoever butt connected those wires together. I only figured on that 3 wire connection block because when i hook up to that then i get the engine to turn over. But not to run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts