My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.
I was "given" a 4016 that the previous owner was tired of working on. It mowed twice this year and now has decided to have a fuel problem.
I changed the fuel filter, but I still do not see much gad flowing through it. My next thought was the fuel pump. The engine has been replace (previous owner son ran the old one without oil). It is a larger engine from what I am told. It is a Vanguard. I "think" the fuel pump is a black plastic piece that comes up from the fuel filter via rubber hose. This rubber hose continues on under the air cleaner. It also seems like it vents to the crankcase with another rubber hose which is why I am confused. That part doesn't make sense to me. Also when I pulled off the air cleaner, I noticed a small inlet on the rear ( towards the driver seat) that goes into the carb, but had nothing attached to it. It seems like a vacuum line to me, but I cannot see anywhere it would connect to. I do not think it should be open and just sucking air in without any filter.

Any help is appreciated.

I got a blade, chains, wheel weights and the 4016 for nothing, so I figure I can put some money into it and not get hurt.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Free 4016... nice...

The Fuel pump is vacuum operated. If the vacuum line is OK you will probably need a new fuel pump.

I had to buy one about 2 months ago for my 4016, here is the part #

Briggs&Stratton Fuel Pump 808656 MIKUNI 808492
It should be about $30.00 or so.

Mine had an aluminum pump on the engine, the new one is plastic...

Brian Hildreth is an Ingersoll dealer and is active on this forum. He is VERY helpful and provides a great service... (along with the MTF community...:thThumbsU)

You should have it up and running again shortly...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds great, how do I contact Brian?
You can email Brian @ [email protected] (he uses bhildreth on this forum)

(If the "Free" tractor did not come with manuals, you should get them from Brian also, they are very helpful to have)

Brian Hildreth
President
Salem Power Equipment, LLC
Plymouth, MI 48170
734-649-1781

1 - 7 of 7 Posts