My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own the new 4000 Series Case Ingersoll? You don't hear much about Case Ingersoll on any of the forums, but from what I've read they are a real nice machine. I like the fact that you can get a rear PTO too. I wish I learned more about them before I purchased my GT 5000. I only looked at JD and Kubota... :banghead3

MaineDad

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello Mainedad,
I don't own a 4000 series but do own a 644, loader tractor, and they are built like tanks and to last. My loader is a '75 and it's still going strong. The 4000 series replaced the 400 series tractors but are basically the same tractor. Only difference would be the engine orientation. They are very strong reliable tractors that have a good option in the Rear PTO. They are pricey though but in my opinion well worth the money.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
31,425 Posts
Bobs right. The 4000 grew out of the older 400 series. A great tractor, and wile more pricy then your GT5000, not out of line when you campair them to the upmarket JD's, Simp's, Kub's etc. Ingersoll has just been bought out, after going bankrupt, so we just have to hope the new company keeps up with the good work. I am hoping to see a much better dealer network, and maybe some addvertising to get the name out there.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,243 Posts
Eastman Industries bought them earlier this year, and will be moving the operation from Wisconsin to Portland, Maine. I don't know what models will be kept, or lost or what if any changes will be made to the line as far as engines, paint color, name on the hood, etc.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,243 Posts
Here is a link for more info. Eastman Industries already makes mowers and was looking for a tractor line to offer. Rather than engineer their own, they saw the oppertunity to aquire the Ingersol Line and went for it:

http://www.golfcoursenews.com/news/news.asp?ID=1568

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bontai Joe,

Thanks. I did look into it and they are currently trying to strike a deal with the city to get a tax break if they build a new facility.

Thanks,

MaineDad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts