My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,157 Posts
I haven't but I think I would go with thhat one over the BS or Honda or Vangard,and cheaper also,I thought the 400 had Onan engines?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They had 19.9 horse kohlers I don't need one mine only has about 200 hours on the engine. but I thought it sounded like a good option for someone that may need one.

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
Seems like a lot of money for an engine that may last, but you will have a hard time getting parts for should it last the 30 years that most 400's have run. Generac is a brand name, but one that constantly shifts production and I would not expect to get parts in 10 years let alone 30.

Dan

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,158 Posts
I would stick with the B&S Vanguard. Commercial engine, always have parts and cheaper too.

I have BS Vanguard in my 318. Works great. Price was much better. Not quite the HP, but with GT's it is usually about traction and not HP. It doesn't take that much HP to mow. IMO

·
Registered
147 Posts
I came across that video awhile ago, thought it was kinda interesting, when it comes time I think I might check into it, just another option ! It may not take that much hp to mow grass esnb74, but some of us use ours for other things , and a bit more power,is an added benefit ! added hp = aded attachments !!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
When ever my Kohler dies in my 400, I am thinking about getting this as well. The price is more than a B/S I have seen but it's significantly more power so...I guess it would be worth it.

It may make it overpowered but its better than not having enough...

·
Super Moderator
17,124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,807 Posts
That is a significant boost in HP! Very impressive video especially mowing the high grass it never changed the pitch of the engine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts