My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use one of these Gravely 40" decks for the old L models? I have the 30" decks for mine, but just think a 40" deck would be nice to have to use as a fill in mower. How well do they cut? Any problem using them on an L without a governer?

·
Gravely Fan
881 Posts
40" decks are perfect for a model "L". Their twin blades cut very nice and leave a nice finish cut. However I would never run any "L" model without a govenor ! Whether it be cutting,plowing, or anything. Using a "L" model without a gov is if nothing else a pain. You have to get on the throttle when the tractor comes under load and lower the throttle when the tractor comes out from under that load to prevent the engine from racing. It will automatically give throttle and retard it for you so you won't have to worry about the throttle. It also protects the engine from over revving. You don't want the engine to over rev. It should be set for 2800 rpm's no more. You can still buy new govenors with the whole kit for $300 new from Antrams or Richards or you can look used on e-bay. - Kris :fing32:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts