My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 40 Loader which I bought new in 1998 for my 455. I sold the loader in 2014. Still have the 455 and realize I should have kept the loader. I located another 40 Loader and would appreciate another set of eyes to look at the pictures below. This loader has what appears to be a rod on the right side of the loader frame that comes up along the loader arm from the rear of the bucket and rides in a guide of some type. Does anyone know the purpose of this rod? I did not have this on my original 40 Loader.
There are chain hooks welded along the top to the back side of the bucket. This is a useful feature I did not have on the original. Does anyone know if the 40 Loader was updated over the years of production? Maybe a prior owner made some enhancements. Does anyone notice any other changes or additions to this loader?
Any thoughts appreciated.
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The hooks are not factory. People install those rods so that you can look at the rod to know when the bottom of the bucket is flat to the ground.

·
Super Moderator
13,177 Posts
Wfburton is spot on with the he ROF being to indicate when the bucket is level. A lot of folks add books to their buckets to lift things with chains or chain things into the bucket. Both of those can be pretty handy additions if they are added correctly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good move. I am SO glad I bought a loader at the same time when I bought my x595 almost 15 years ago. I welded on clevis mounts to the bucket also, for both securing and lifting. One of these days I want to adapt to the QC setup for the bucket and get a set of forks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts