My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have tried searching this new forum but it is giving me some difficulty. I just want to know if anyone might know the part numbers of the bearings and seals in the 40" commercial mower spindle. I can't seem to find it with the search feature and it would be nice to know so I can take the parts with me instead of taking two trips. TIA

Matt

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yotomoto, Have a 40 inch deck on my 12g.. From original form # 41192 1-86. Deck p/n 39000-40 inch.page 18, p/n 38199, qty 2 , assembly bearing. P/n 21215 qty 1, housing bearing. P/n 21216, qty 1, shaft spindle.P/n 21306 qty 3, assembly spindle- 3 per deck . P/n ,34428, qty 3- per deck, Sheave Spindle,40 inch deck.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I picked up a quad of the Timken #14. If I need one spindle i'm doing both. Turns out they are standard trailer wheel bearings and you can get them almost anywhere. Trust Gravely to use a readily available bearing. I love these machines.😍

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yotomoto, Glad to hear you solutioned the issue. I have bought parts for my Gravely in my local Napa parts store. They have a cross-reference for them. Got to love Gravely. My neighbor said to me yesterday, " The old Gravley is still running ? " My reply was " Ed, my old Gravley will still be running strong after you and I are both gone over a hundred years." They don't make machines like our old Gravelys more.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I picked up a quad of the Timken #14. If I need one spindle i'm doing both. Turns out they are standard trailer wheel bearings and you can get them almost anywhere. Trust Gravely to use a readily available bearing. I love these machines.😍
What's interesting is when you go to buy blades for that mower. I thought the same rules apply, something universal would work. Nope. You can get close to the same length and width blade, but no one has the center hole that is large enough. That tells you something there. No one makes their mowers with a spindle as large as the gravely's. You have to get one made for the gravely.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gravelys always seem a little more "heavy duty" than other makes. A modern John Deere 54" lawn tractor only weighs 541 lbs. that is less than half the weight of my 8162 and lower than my 1960 LI with a 40" deck on it. Having mowed side by side with the JD I can attest that the 8162 does a much better job. The side I cut was much smoother and more even. You wouldn't know that the ground was really rough by looking at the side I cut. The owner of the green and yellow machine was very surprised that a 40 year old machine could cut like that. 😍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts