My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
It would seem that project has been fighting you all the way, hope you finally won. I know of many chain drives that don’t use a idler sprocket to keep the chain tension, instead they use either a spring loaded or manually adjustable nylon or Delrin block that rides on the side of the chain. If the idler continues to jump off the chain might be time to re think the tensioner system on that blower.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The tensioner on the drive side or the slack side? Don't understand why it would have been installed on the drive side if it was.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It would seem that project has been fighting you all the way, hope you finally won. I know of many chain drives that don’t use a idler sprocket to keep the chain tension, instead they use either a spring loaded or manually adjustable nylon or Delrin block that rides on the side of the chain. If the idler continues to jump off the chain might be time to re think the tensioner system on that blower.
This thing has thrown me a lot of curves getting it fixed this time.
Never have liked the idler sprocket set up.

·
Minding my P's & Q's
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The tensioner on the drive side or the slack side? Don't understand why it would have been installed on the drive side if it was.
Slack side.
The lower 17T drive sprocket, upper 45T sprocket, and impeller spin clock wise. Same as the engine.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
There is a lot of momentum of the moving parts so with any RPM reduction on the drive sprocket, the slack side won't be slack for long.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts