My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were made years back and then again in this decade. Is there much of a benefit to using those 4 wheel garden carts as opposed to the regular 2 wheel garden cart?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=56681
I really like mine and don't ever see me going back to a 2 wheel cart. If I had to do a lot of shoveling to load the cart I would get a 2 wheel just for the dump feature. Yesterday I finished painting the inside of the wagon, added JD mudflaps to the rear and fixed the front hitch by adding a 2 x 12 flat piece of steel to the tongue. This weekend I want to add my JD carry all to the front of the wagon. Pics of the finished wagon next weekend. slkpk

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=56681
I really like mine and don't ever see me going back to a 2 wheel cart. If I had to do a lot of shoveling to load the cart I would get a 2 wheel just for the dump feature. Yesterday I finished painting the inside of the wagon, added JD mudflaps to the rear and fixed the front hitch by adding a 2 x 12 flat piece of steel to the tongue. This weekend I want to add my JD carry all to the front of the wagon. Pics of the finished wagon next weekend. slkpk
Next Weekend???? :crybaby: .. :wwp: :wwp: :wwp: .:ROF Cant wait to see them. :thThumbsU

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
They were made years back and then again in this decade. Is there much of a benefit to using those 4 wheel garden carts as opposed to the regular 2 wheel garden cart?
Hi Boyd ,

{+} ; You can load them even when the're not hooked up to the Tractor ,
there is no tongue weight ...

{-} ; They are difficult to back up in tight area's , like a woods ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
519 Posts
I feel that it's best to have both. I like my two wheel because of the way that it can be backed up & the fact that it dumps. I bought a 4 wheel cart from Walmarts and it can be either pulled by hand or towed. It is very useful because I can tow it where I want it or close to where I want it. And then pull it the rest of the way by hand. Also the sides flip down for easy loading.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Here's one you can get through Tractor Supply. It will carry a ton, costs $280. I bought one 5 or 6 years ago, put a pressure treated plywood floor over the mesh, and made some taller sides for it. The thing has been almost indestructable. Item #3599561

Its only downside is that it is difficult to back up.

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Here's one you can get through Tractor Supply. It will carry a ton, costs $280. I bought one 5 or 6 years ago, put a pressure treated plywood floor over the mesh, and made some taller sides for it. The thing has been almost indestructable. Item #3599561

Its only downside is that it is difficult to back up.
Great finish job on the wagon. When I got this I had a chance to get one like you have. I thought about making it a flatbed for ods and end stuff. slkpk

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Hi KHodges ,

That is a nice place you have there , thanks for the picture ...

How do you like that front brush guard ??? Is it sturdy , since it hinges
forward ???

Later,x595

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Great finish job on the wagon. When I got this I had a chance to get one like you have. I thought about making it a flatbed for ods and end stuff. slkpk
In addition to the plywood floor, I added wooden rails around the perimeter, and mounted stakeside pockets. The sides are made from a section of hurricane fence like you get at H Depot or Lowe's, just reinforced a bit. They are held at the top with hasps, and can be removed to make it into a flatbed. It's hauled dirt, firewood, trimmed limbs, trash, you name it. It's about 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 feet, you can shove a lot of stuff in it.

x595, thanks. I was stacking firewood into the shed there in the picture. The brush guard is very sturdy. It has a spring loaded set of pins that lock it in place, it won't give at all. The one downside to it is you have to unfasten it at the hinge bar when removing the front deck carrier; only adds about 30 seconds to the task, so no real big deal.

I'd like to get this one, available through Northern Equipment; can add hydraulics and make a powered dump. It would hold more than I should pull.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts