My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was wondering if any one has used the 3rd spool valve kit on their 1450-1855 masseys/snappers. i have an origanal 77 massey brochure and it offers a 3rd spool valve kit and i noticed my 1650 has one more slot for one too. thanks for any info.:thanku:

·
22,189 Posts
I've often thought about it. I even have a spare valve set that I can take a spool from. But I put another 2 spool valve set tied into the loader circuit on the rear of my 1655 to run the log splitter and that gives me lots of possibilities for anything on the 3PH or being towed.

If I had a use for another implement lift sized cylinder, I'd definitely add the third spool. Snowblower chute tilt comes to mind, but I use a FEL for snow removal.

Bob :rauch10:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The third valve was an option on the 1450/1650 & 1655/1855 tractors. I've never seen one, but it is listed in the parts books. I've got hydralic outlets on the back of my 1855 (from the FEL pump) that my back-hoe plugs into but I've never needed them for anything else.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think somone could use it to run a hydralic winch?

·
22,189 Posts
Nope. Not enough flow or pressure from the charge pump. It's adequate for small cylinders (one at a time) that don't require high pressure. Less than 1 hp. available, about 2 gpm. @ 600-750psi.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, and did the 1655/1855 have the same hydro as the 1650? :thanku:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi, i was wondering if any one has used the 3rd spool valve kit on their 1450-1855 masseys/snappers. i have an origanal 77 massey brochure and it offers a 3rd spool valve kit and i noticed my 1650 has one more slot for one too. thanks for any info.:thanku:
Last year when I got my 1450, I entertained that thought.
Called dealer, and they had one available.
Crazy price..I think 4-5 hundred.(yeah right)
And then I thought, what would I do with it?
Hyraulic top link?

·
Registered
534 Posts
do you think somone could use it to run a hydralic winch?

Best to run a seperate system off the front PTO and power a
hyraulic pump......

So you want to power a winch.
Are you planning on going logging?
Don't strectch the frame too much. :))

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:)just cuious about the winch i gess!

·
22,189 Posts
thanks for the info, and did the 1655/1855 have the same hydro as the 1650? :thanku:
I hear that the 1650 sometimes came with an Eaton hydro. The 1450 and 1655/1855 used Sundstrands. Easy to check, the Eaton has cooling fins.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info my 1650 has the eaton.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
My 1450 and 1855 both have the Sunstrand hydro's but my 1650 has an Eaton. I do think the Sunstrand is the better of the two. Not sure what determined which hydro a tractor got when it was built, maybe availablity of the hydro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts