My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So It's time to put the deck on again. Last year I noticed it Made a lot of noise (Howling) It seems that the two outside spindles are loose. The Center one is tight.

I need to go buy some bigger wrenches so I can try to get the spindle apart. Those nuts on the top of the pulleys must be bigger than 1"

What are the chances I can get replacement bearings instead of the buying a whole spindle assembly?

Also while I'm at it ... Should I just get some nice new blades rather than having them sharpened? It doesnt cut that well.

Looking for some recommendations.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Punch the bearings out and take them to a bearing shop. make sure you don't mangle them beyond recognition ;). To be safe write the numbers/letters on the outside of the bearing down before you attempt to remove it. And if the housing is cast aluminum......be careful. Chances are 100% the bearing shop has it or can get it for you.
Bearing install tip: Put it in the freezer for a while before you put it in. It will shrink and make the install very easy. Done a lot of dirt bike wheel bearings...not that much different when it comes down to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts