My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here have the dimensions of the special mule drive pulley for the 3813/4213 snow thrower? I'll need the outer as well as the bearing id. Thanks!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Does anyone on here have the dimensions of the special mule drive pulley for the 3813/4213 snow thrower? I'll need the outer as well as the bearing id. Thanks!
I'll try to get the specs later today or over the weekend. I don't have a heated garage so I haven't installed my blower. So the extra pulley is not installed yet. Am just too busy this morning to take pics and get the dimensions. I do plan to install the blower this weekend if the weather is warmer and plan to take step by step pics.

I think the extra pulley's purpose is to compensate for either shorter or longer belt length or perhaps harmonics ??????? because it doesn't affect belt speed to the blower.

I got a belt with the blower when I purchased from original owner - so don't know if it is the same length and size as the belt that drives the deck blades. Could be that the owner didn't want to swap belts and so had an extra belt just for the snowblower.

Since I haven't installed the blower yet, I'm still a novice - still learning mode for the snowblower :dunno:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure the special pulley is a flat pulley without a v groove. It runs along the back of the belt.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm pretty sure the special pulley is a flat pulley without a v groove. It runs along the back of the belt.
You are correct. The pulley is a flat pulley. According to my manual it replaces the pulley on the right in the pic below because the pulley for the deck blade on the right is a V pulley when used for mowing.

The pulley you need to get will be identical to the existing pulley but with a flat groove rather than a V groove. The left side belt routing runs in the v groove on the left pulley but upside down with its top flat edge running in the flat groove on the flat grooved pulley on the right.

I don't have a scanner - else I would scan the pages of the manual.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5669977845/in/set-72157626516992426

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5669974231/in/set-72157626516992426/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157628348561641/show/

I can't get a pic of the flat grooved pulley as it is already installed on my 4213 and it is still in storage. I think the previous owner chose not to remove it for summer use with the deck installed for mowing.

hth

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i can't see where the diameter would be that critical, within reasonable limits

i had a spare idler pulley, with the same flat area (vs the V), from a 3813 deck, and one from a 46" deck - and both measure identical - 3.89" diameter on the flat area, and 4.18" on the OD of the shoulders or flanged area of the pulley

id of the bearing is .651" which i'm sure is a metric equivalent but i didn't think to swap the caliper over to metric when i measured it

fwiw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts