My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curious if anyone has the two pcs highlited with red arrows on their 3813?

i've seen four (38") 3813 decks and none had this fan mounted on the left blade - but all the decks i've seen had openings around the spindle housing that appear to be cut into the deck housing to let air be pulled in by this fan. I have seen one seller on ebay selling the fan shroud (he was parting out a 3813), so i know some must have had one.

only thing i can figure is Honda figured it would assist moving clippings thru the chute to the grass hopper, but when i had my grass hoppers on, my deck without it would stuff the grass bags full, even when wet.

I notice the 46" deck calls for a blower when using the baggers, and there was one on ebay that basically was a belt driven squirrel cage blower, mounted on the deck just forward of the discharge opening on the deck, and it appeared it forced air into the chute, right there at the discharge connection to the chute, in same direction as clippings were traveling, so basically assisting clipping flow

just curious, if anyone has one of these on their 3813 deck, is the fan plastic or aluminum, and any problems with fins breaking from debris, etc?

i'm building the "mother of all" collection hoppers, and while my 3813 deck did a heck of a job on grass, the hopper is mainly for use in leaf pickup, and figured it might help

tks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm glad that I could actually help someone.

I have a 3813, of which I purchased the shop manual for. My tractor was not cutting even and I was shaking it down trying to see what was wrong. I looked at the page for the deck in the manual and noticed some pieces missing.

My 3813 has the "fan guard", and is missing the "discharge fan". I am not sure if it was removed or was never their. All I know is that I had to add some washers on the spindle on that side to shim the blades to an even level.

See the attached snap shot of the shop manual. I wanted to scan the whole page, but I could not get the file size small enough to attach to this post.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts