My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am soon to be the owner of a 3600 that has a power beyond block installed to run a grapple loader and is looped when that is not hooked up. However I want to run a haybine that has a single cylinder with a single hose and I don't know how I will be able to make this work.

Can I just add a spool valve inline and have a pressure/return line going to the mower?

I would like to eventually add a factory control valve but what ones will work?

Thanks -Justin

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Sounds like you need to get an open center control valve for a single acting cylinder. The power beyond adapter expects an open center control valve so that when it's not doing any work the fluid flows back through the return line and doesn't dead head the pump, and a cylinder that only has a single hose going to it is referred to as a "single acting" cylinder, in that the hydraulics only provide pressure in one direction, usually to lift, and gravity provides the power in the other direction. Surpluscenter.com has one here:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9SV-1-Y&catname=hydraulic

That control valve comes in a variety of configurations. Select the 3rd item in the drop down list - "SVW1AA1(SA CYL SPOOL SPRING CENTERED) $71.95"

For a factory remote valve, most were configurable between a dual acting and single acting by turning a screw, and the Ford factory remote valves made for your tractor were always open center so any factory remote that is configurable for a single acting cylinder should be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts