My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the model number is 990563 that came with my 3210v tractor.Put new belt and idler pullies on it today and seemed to run ok but the auger bearings look to be original ,so probably should replace them while the auger is out for a paint job.Can't find the process for removal and I'm stuck trying to pull it apart.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you are trying to remove the bearings look on the inside of each bearing and there should be a collar that has either 1 or 2 small set screws. Loosen the set screws and then there should be a small hole or indention in the collar and you need to take a punch and hit the collar one way or the other until it seperates from the bearing. The bearing should come off or you may need to heat it up to get it off the shaft. You might need a puller to remove them.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are trying to remove the bearings look on the inside of each bearing and there should be a collar that has either 1 or 2 small set screws. Loosen the set screws and then there should be a small hole or indention in the collar and you need to take a punch and hit the collar one way or the other until it seperates from the bearing. The bearing should come off or you may need to heat it up to get it off the shaft. You might need a puller to remove them.
I finally got the inner flange off using a couple small prybars and the bearing came along with it.The bearings are the newer style double setscrew type,not the eccentric or spherical lock style.I think both styles are available.

I'll make an observation at this point.This blower appeared to be in good shape and had been taken care of,lubed properly and so on,and not banged up.But,it's 40+ years old and everything that "moves" needs replaced to return this thing to reasonable expectation of useability.I'll probably have 200-300 in parts and paint to restore it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts