My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another piece of the puzzle found, and I wasn't even looking. Every now and then I do a CL search for "box blade," and I see this one pop up. I made arrangements quickly with the seller and picked it up this morning. He said it's been sitting in a barn for 35 years and I believe it. Hardly any wear in sight, not even on the cutting edges. The original stickers are still there, and the best part was the price: $225. (Worth every dime)It was built for the Sears Suburban, but I'll do a few mods so it can mount to the Cubs too. Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Good to see another one come to the surface.....very nice :)

·
Premium Member
9,909 Posts
Another one NOT in PA! Guess there is hope for the rest of us after all...

Mike

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
****. That looks so good. I want one very badly

·
ROJ
2,189 Posts
I know of one that was just sitting a few miles from here. You are inspiring me to go see if its still there. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas, I think this is only the 2nd one I've ever seen on our local CL. The thing looks really versatile, can't wait to use it. Here's a few more....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Sweet find!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
****. That looks so good. I want one very badly
Ys Me too Hugh, but you don't find stuff like that around here where I live. :thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Very nice find. If you are interested I can get you a couple pictures to show how one is set up for a cub cadet.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those attachments are really heavy duty for these little tractors.
Agreed, I don't know that I will ever hook it up to the Suburban for actual use. Maybe just a photo or two. The full-time use will be done with the Cub 882, plenty of weight and 15hp diesel. I think it should be a perfect match.

:fing32:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice find. If you are interested I can get you a couple pictures to show how one is set up for a cub cadet.
Yes, I'd really appreciate that. Is it for the older Cubs or the newer 82 series 3-point like in my pics?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts