My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this is a great site. I ran across it the other day while searching for a little help with my JD 345. I hope someone can offer some advice cause I have done all I know to do. Here's the problem at wide open throttle the motor will miss for a split second and it does it at different times and not all the time. It is a 20HP kawi liquid cooled and has 576 hours on it. Here's what I've done, removed and cleaned carb, changed fuel filter, checked gas cap, replaced air filter, replaced spark plugs and checked fuel pressure. Pressure seems to be okay. Not sure what it's suppose to be. When the mower is running it smells like it is running rich. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think on the 20hp 345 there is a return fuel line on them and sometimes it will clog and cause symptoms you are describing.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I second kool345's question......?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't been able to track down a fuel pressure guage yet. But I did see if the pump was pumping when I took the carb off. It seemed like it was pumping to me.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Turn off the fuel supply when the engine is running, and see if its performance improves as it runs out of fuel. If so, you have a fuel system problem. I did once come across a 17 HP V-twin Kawasaki that ran rich on one cylinder. The problem was a clogged air bleed jet located under the choke plate. Once cleaned, it ran perfectly. Just another place for you to look.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hello i had same problem, cant offer much help thou i traded tractor in. i did evering you did also changed fuel pump and had no luck there was a resent thread someone had same prob it mite have bean on a different site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just thought I would fill everbody in on my tractor fix. The first thing I did was took the pilot air screw out of the carb and replaced it with the same size bolt. It idles now like it should have in the first place. Next I replaced the time delay module(would have never figured that one out without ya'll)no more intermitten stumbling. Thank you to everyone who chimed in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts