My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had a mild hurricane and the requests for wood cutting is somewhat off the map for us, I decided to take my helper Isaac to a site another one of my crew have been working on for three days and send them elsewhere.

I have been quite taken recently with the 3320 while my 2520 was down, I can go pretty much anywhere with the excavator and I was curious where the 3320 would go, my son who heads wood cutting jobs swears by the 3000 series which is fine, I tend to stick to the landscaping/drain/retaining wall projects and let him run the other side.

Well Gentlemen, I was shocked once again, this CUT has a real bad attitude in that if you ask it go go from here to there, regardless of the terrain within reason, it just does it, the tires on all our 3000 tractors are loaded as we do not want anything on the 3 pt.

First was to take our bush hog and clear a path to the lake, we cleared the trees last year and the soil was basically compacted clay, they didn't want to spend a fortune so I did the old grow anywhere mixture, Timothy and Clover. I haven't run a bush hog this year personally, I was impressed and the client was shocked, this path is about 3/4 mile long, I was done in just over an hour.

Next we headed to the woods to clear and clean up the next section, this is a five year clean up of about 8 acres, beautiful spot. The 3320 is taking logs out to the road where a pulp truck will pick up.

Stay tuned for next week, the 2520 and 27D are doing a dream landscaping project on a new house, I will be using just about every attachment we have and it will be something else, nice when clients have an endless budget:)

The operator on the 3320 is Isaac, started with me about two weeks ago, grew up on a farm and man he can run the tractors!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Looking good as always, Andy. If I had the money to hire you and your company I would hire ya'll in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
looks like fun to me!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like fun to me!
It is a blast....for about three days for me, I tend to get bored and head on to something else, not that I do not finish what I started as I would but to keep the guys motivated we switch jobs after three to four days.

Buy I wish I had about 10 of you guys for a week, it would be a chance for me to catch up and an opportunity for me to show you how we land these jobs.....maybe a GTG next year at my place, I have room for at least 12 travel trailers on my property

Here is a couple more shots, an excavator is critical as many of the logs you simply can't lift so it loads them into the bucket of the tractor, the excavator or tractor will drag entire trees out much like a skidder using a twitch, then you have the mess, trees upon trees from storms, it's a dangerous job and experience is critical, I can't tell you how many widow makers we see every day on these sites (springpoles)

Now I see we have another Hurricane coming, maybe Tuesday, some may think this is great news for business, I see it as a headache, I woke at 5 to three more inquiries, I am simply telling people and will have to put it on the website, we can not take on any further projects this year.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts