My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I'll do that shortly, also when I was unplugging the pto yesterday the clip that keeps the 2 connected snapped off and I was wondering if there is a part number for that connector because I couldn't find it on Deere's part catalog site.

·
Super Moderator
28,961 Posts
I'll do that shortly, also when I was unplugging the pto yesterday the clip that keeps the 2 connected snapped off and I was wondering if there is a part number for that connector because I couldn't find it on Deere's part catalog site.
You may be able to match it at an automotive parts store.

·
Parts collector
3,355 Posts
I'm still thinking coil is shorted to pto case...check each wire on pto plug to case. Should be 0 ohms. Bob
332 This is a diesel engine right. No coil or spark plugs.

·
Parts collector
3,355 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I guess the coil decided to work today so I took the opportunity to adjust the air gap. Now the radiator has decided to leak but it's the drain valve on the bottom. Does anyone know the part number for that oring?

·
2,465 Posts
Any o-ring in a storm... doesn't need to be a JD green one. :ROFLMAO:

I keep a few boxes of different durometers on hand, saves much running around when one fails.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Worried, Be 100% SURE of what you're buying! If an o-ring isn't identified as to material and the sales person can't tell you what it is, don't get it! Many o-rings are made for water service, many are made for hydraulic service, and many are made for "special" chemical use or temperature range. Most off the shelf are water or hyd. use. An o-ring for hydraulic use, typically Nitrile or Bun-N will work on both hydraulic and water systems, but those for water, typically EPDM, ONLY work for water. Contact with petroleum products turns them to mush very quickly! Buy Buna-N o-rings.

And then there's sizes. There's only a few hundred to choose from based on cross section and ID. You can easily spend $50 only to find you don't have the size you need or spend $50 for the ONE o-ring you need and have no use for the others!

The two companies I worked for used to buy o-ring assortment kits. They are GREAT for the first few months and then you'd find the size you needed was gone while the other 3 dozen sizes where packed full! You may need to make a special trip or wait a day or 3, but your better off getting just the size...and material!!...that you need (and maybe a few extras of those. Bob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Worried, Be 100% SURE of what you're buying! If an o-ring isn't identified as to material and the sales person can't tell you what it is, don't get it! Many o-rings are made for water service, many are made for hydraulic service, and many are made for "special" chemical use or temperature range. Most off the shelf are water or hyd. use. An o-ring for hydraulic use, typically Nitrile or Bun-N will work on both hydraulic and water systems, but those for water, typically EPDM, ONLY work for water. Contact with petroleum products turns them to mush very quickly! Buy Buna-N o-rings.

And then there's sizes. There's only a few hundred to choose from based on cross section and ID. You can easily spend $50 only to find you don't have the size you need or spend $50 for the ONE o-ring you need and have no use for the others!

The two companies I worked for used to buy o-ring assortment kits. They are GREAT for the first few months and then you'd find the size you needed was gone while the other 3 dozen sizes where packed full! You may need to make a special trip or wait a day or 3, but your better off getting just the size...and material!!...that you need (and maybe a few extras of those. Bob
Thanks for that info.

Slightly unrelated but this machine has a 3 point rockshaft installed but it's missing everything else for the hitch, does anyone know where I can get the rest of these parts?

·
Super Moderator
28,961 Posts
Ebay has them, but you'll want to look carefully, some folks think these are made of gold!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Figure out what you need and check Reugg and Tractor Supply or local ag supply stores. For kicks & grins, check jdparts also! Ya never know with Deere! Bob

·
Parts collector
3,355 Posts
Ebay has them, but you'll want to look carefully, some folks think these are made of gold!

That's the truth. People seem to think these things are made of UN-obtanium..................

101 - 117 of 117 Posts