My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,358 Posts
I live in Holland twp E & J Auto Radiator & James Campbell's about equal distance. I can't wait JD 332 tractor all apart $1600 invested so far. Thank God I got it free.
Yeah I got mine for $900 and have about $1200 in it now. If I had the $$$ I would have bought the one up the road for $2500 in much better shape.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yeah I got mine for $900 and have about $1200 in it now. If I had the $$$ I would have bought the one up the road for $2500 in much better shape.
Yeah I feel your pain. My neighbor gave me a JD 332 1988 year built with hydraulic plow, mower deck & material collection system invested $1600. I got all the parts, got to put everything back together. The side covers & grill disassembled. The fiberglass hood I got to do some minor fiberglass then I got to paint it. By the time I'm done I'm looking over $2000 easy. I just hope I get my money back if I sell it.

·
Parts collector
3,358 Posts
Yeah I feel your pain. My neighbor gave me a JD 332 1988 year built with hydraulic plow, mower deck & material collection system invested $1600. I got all the parts, got to put everything back together. The side covers & grill disassembled. The fiberglass hood I got to do some minor fiberglass then I got to paint it. By the time I'm done I'm looking over $2000 easy. I just hope I get my money back if I sell it.
Yeah well I will have what I want by the end of the summer. LOL.............. Not selling mine. I have looked too long for one to let it go. ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
The arm going to the rear should be above the pivot point of the L-shaped bracket and the L-shaped bracket faces forward. Deck lift links attach to "empty" pins, not pins with arm to rear. Bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hope everybody safe during these difficult times. I finally got my radiator back recondition looks beautiful for my JD 332.
  1. I ordered a new thermostat from John Deere. The old thermostat says 71 degrees Celsius. That's about 158 Fahrenheit. I checked it with hot water and it doesn't open at 160 opens up like 175. So iordered new oem replacement. I have old pressure cap that states 16 lbs. You think I should replace it with a new one? It looks in great shape has no cracks in the rubber gaskets everything looks good. Not sure if this is the original pressure cap ?
  2. The shroud was hitting the fan blades on the bottom. I drilled shroud out a little and lowered it down a little bit about a quarter inch to help solve that problem. Any suggestions or something I did wrong & you don't agree let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
The rubber engine mounts tend to flatten out/squish over the years and that sometimes is enough for the fan blade tips to hit the shroud . Quite a few guys will add one metal large washer between the rubber puck and the mount to give additional clearance .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
That looks awesome Beast, did you use the place in Allentown?
I second the comment about the engine mounts.

Yes Jim Campbell Radiator's Allentown awesome guy. I was going to use the washers on the motor mounts. But when I looked at it shroud adjustment was less labor.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thank you all you guys got me hooked! I'll never sell it, better than any zero turn that you're getting spent on that money.

·
Parts collector
3,358 Posts
Nice work.
I'm still trying to get mine back to running after new fuel lines, fuel pump, and cleaning the pickup screen. I can't get it to bleed the air out. That and a threw my back out cleaning out the tank. Man, I put acetone in the tank to dissolve the gunk and it was like tar when it came out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Nice work.
I'm still trying to get mine back to running after new fuel lines, fuel pump, and cleaning the pickup screen. I can't get it to bleed the air out. That and a threw my back out cleaning out the tank. Man, I put acetone in the tank to dissolve the gunk and it was like tar when it came out.
  • Going over my receipts I see that previous owner replaced the fuel transfer pump inside the tank I believe diagram shown. AM875035 Injector pump? I'm glad I didn't get stuck doing that would have got disgusted.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts