My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of re-building a 332 and as in the case of the last one I rebuilt the fuel tanks weeps fuel around both of the rubber bushings where the fuel supply fitting goes into the tank and the fuel return line is the same way. This one has red bushings in it so I know they are not OEM. Have any of you found any cure for this issue? It isn't actually a running leak but a wetness around the two fittings that is obviously fuel. On my last one after I replaced the fuel pickup line and filter in the tank I used a product called sealall and it worked but I do not know for how long. Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
All the replacement fuel grommets I've bought from deere have been red/orange in color. Maybe they just need replaced again?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Weeping to some degree is to be expected if you fill beyond 2/3 capacity, new grommets might help for a time but don't expect permanent stoppage. Cheers

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see your point mongoose because they put the two holes in the tank at the lower end of the tank instead of the upper end. That means that the two inserts are always under pressure from the fuel and will of course leak one day. The ones that are in there now are sort of an orange color so they must have been replaced before. My favorite JD parts supplier does not carry them does anyone know where to buy a set?:trink39:

·
Registered
75 Posts
The JD parts guys will order them in for you, they are not items that can be easily substituted with generic grommet stock, they need to have the correct sized grooves and must fit very tightly. They can be a pain to install !...... Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts