My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple times while mowing along the beginning of a slope where the tractor twists a fair amount I can hear the cooling fan get into the shroud. From the looks, the shroud is prety well centered with the fan so I don't know how to correct this issue. Is this a common problem with the yanmar powered 300 series?

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I don't have one but from reading on here I think I've read you need to check for frame cracks allowing it to twist further than it should. I'm sure someone with more smarts than me will come along and help more.:fing32:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I agree with SonnyT and will elaborate a little.
The motor mounts on 322,330,332 start to sag over time.Not busted but not as tall as they used to be.A lot of guys replace the mounts in this case but a more economical way to fix since they are not broken is to shim the bottom of the motor mount lifting it up.That is what I did to fix mine.
300 series frame cracks are very few and far between.
The frames on these do indeed flex more than the 316/318.

Here is another thread on a different forum that I started for the same issue.
Comments and the fix is in this thread,
http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/discus/messages/335/225218.html

AJ

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Aj is correct. I both replaced my mounts and shimmed them up on the rear. Haven't contacted the fan since. The frames on the 330/332/322 seem to twist a little more then the 318 due to the different engine mounts. The 318 has more of a plate for the engine so it twists more. vs the mounts. Watch your hood move once when mowing.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
See way smarter than me :fing32: I learned something today to. Didn't know about the motor mounts.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok I'll look at the mounts and shim them if they need it:fing32: I've never seen any cracks in the frame but I'll double check though. It might be slightly bent somewhere who knows. I believe the PO saved this machine from being crushed. So theres a chance that it had been thrown around a bit at a scrap metal yard.. Only damage I've found was the rear fenders and hood.

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
I've never had any problems like that with my radiator or cooling fan. The frame has twisted enough to pop the hood open, but not enough to bend or crack anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts