My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tractor Jockey
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy selling a 322 in my area. Hes asking $500. he says the motor is good but the carb is shot. It runs for a "while" and then dies. Im thinking even at 500$ its worth buying it and fixing it up. How much is a new carb?

I believe the 322 is just like the 332 except it has a gas engine? It has 3 spools of hydraulics like the 318?

·
Super Moderator
35,884 Posts
Jig stick, has 20 hp Onan instead of 18 but still has only two spools of hydraulics. See new carbs (not sure of manufacturer) on eBay for about $200.00.

·
Tractor Jockey
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how many spools does the 318 and 332 have? Its in the same class as these correct? Im thinking of buying it and doing a resto on it over this winter. Its only $500

·
Super Moderator
35,884 Posts
Both have 2 = 2 levers for control of hydraulics. Yes, actually they are considered a class higher than the 318 I believe. (not possible, but advertised that way!) Price is excellent assuming everything else is in good condition!

·
Addictionado
97 Posts
If its got a decent mower deck and all body panels come with it its a buy!:fing32:

·
10,839 Posts
The 322 has a Yanmar 3 cylinder gas engine that uses the same block as the diesel. Very quiet and long-lasting.

Well worth the price in parts alone. Not that I would part it out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, if you don't buy it, shoot me a pm so I can! Thanks

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
It might not be the carb causing the problem, I'd get that in a heart beat!!!

·
Tractor Jockey
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it sold before I could get ahold of the guy.....:banghead3:crybaby:

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Jig You had to think about it ??? I just paid $450.00 for a 175.

Sorry man !! for the most part if it starts with a 3.. 0r 4.. and it old. put your pants on in the truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts