My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the snow over the last two days there was a reasonable amount to toss about. Well sorry no film on this you're going to have to take my word on it. Easily clears snow twice as fast as the 318, and I was surprised, just kept pushing the hydro forward in 6-7 inches and it wouldn't slow the engine down. Even going through places where I'd thrown snow from the other evening it was no problem. Can't imagine what you could do with a 2 stage on this! I was having too much fun to get the camera!

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can hear your sighs of satisfaction echoing through the mountains still. That's great!
Even without any mods on the snowblower it was tossing 30 + ft. Had a bit of wind to help though!

Did it use more fuel than the 318?
Probably, because I cleared a path around the side and back of the yard just for fun! :ROF

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,864 Posts
Sweet!

Why do you suppose it is so much stronger than the 318? Is the gas Yanmar a more powerful engine?

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts
nice to hear that, i'm glad to hear your's blows snow like that . now gives me sumthin else to talk wife into. i did buy that 322 with loader last week-end i just not get pic's or story of it up yet. will soon i hope. sure is a nice running machine though

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well one thing I know is that the governor on this holds rpm better so when it get's pushed it really comes on quickly and let's you stay into the work. There were a couple of times that the 318 nearly died before the governor reacted, it took alot to get there though!

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,220 Posts
at least post a picture of the snow and tractor sitting near it with the blower?:howdy:

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Does the snowblower use the same muledrive as the mower? I have a nice like new 2 stage belt driven Ariens blower that I could mount up pretty easy on my new to me 322 if I could use the same drive.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
nice to hear that, i'm glad to hear your's blows snow like that . now gives me sumthin else to talk wife into. i did buy that 322 with loader last week-end i just not get pic's or story of it up yet. will soon i hope. sure is a nice running machine though
Curious to know what the going price for a 322 with loader is in USA. Just spotted a 332 with loader , 1035 hours for $4900 obo, in the next province to me. Trouble is it's 400 miles away and with minus 30 temperature, who wants to do a road trip.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yeah, we need pics!!!....I still am not sure what a snowblower is, and have never seen one in action.

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I felt bad having the fun without something in the eye candy venue, so for your enjoyment (get the popcorn) the show is about to begin: http://youtu.be/TuCpGS4PZ8c

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does the snowblower use the same muledrive as the mower? I have a nice like new 2 stage belt driven Ariens blower that I could mount up pretty easy on my new to me 322 if I could use the same drive.
Gary, no mule drive on the blower, the pulley on the snowblower sets in place directly below the PTO on the front. It has a tension pulley as part of the assembly. Easy peasy quick and easy!

Curious to know what the going price for a 322 with loader is in USA. Just spotted a 332 with loader , 1035 hours for $4900 obo, in the next province to me. Trouble is it's 400 miles away and with minus 30 temperature, who wants to do a road trip.
Stoon, with pricing up there I wouldn't think that is too out of line, figure if the 322 was in good shape (with a deck) $2500 so that would be $1500 for the loader on top. Not a bad deal if it's all in good shape!

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,538 Posts
Looks like you've cleared enough for an NFL play-off game. Maybe Ravens could use it as a practice field before tomorrow.

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,220 Posts
Looking good Tim. I swear it sounds like a turbo semi truck a few times when you get close to the camera.....

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did edit the video, just before I moved to that last section I hit some ice. Didn't think it was hard enough to affect the shear bolt but I must have been wrong. Just took it a minute or two to finally break!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,864 Posts
OK, I felt bad having the fun without something in the eye candy venue, so for your enjoyment (get the popcorn) the show is about to begin: http://youtu.be/TuCpGS4PZ8c
Great video! Thanks for sharing with those of us that didn't get enough snow.

That machine is a beast. Engine sounds solid. I couldn't tell if you are using chains?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That is just way cool! I have seen a 322 in good shape exceed $3k around here...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.