My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'd say as close to "0" as you can get! Your wire is maybe 2 ft long and that would be .008 ohms! Frame probably less and battery cable less yet. Any thing larger than (guessing here!) .05 ohms would be corrosion in connections...battery terminal, battery cable to engine, engine ground strap, etc. Is key switch relatively new, lets say within the last 5 years? VR is "looking" at voltage after the key switch so this may play into it as well as fuse clips! Bob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I set my Meter to 200 ohms and got 0.2 from the VR case to the Battery. I cleaned the terminals once and got the same Voltage at fast Idle. I had to stop there. I will work on it some more in a few days. Does anyone know what I should be getting out of the Alternator?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
0.2 doesn't sound unreasonable. Alternator should be putting out 30 AC volts at fast idle. Not sure, but I don't think AC volts will be a factor for high voltage, only low voltage. As regulator receives AC and converts it to DC, it only sends out thru Red wire the needed voltage based on sensing system voltage on Green wire.

A couple more checks! TRY to get a voltage check on the output side of the 10 amp fuse. That yellow wire is tucked underneath so it may be difficult getting meter on it. Pull fuse and check input voltage...both readings should be battery voltage and done with key on and engine not running. While fuse is out, check ohms from output side of fuse to VR...thinking it should be around that 0.2 ohms or less. I can't think of anything else to check! Bob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I did some more testing and cleaned the Ignition and fuse connections and got the Voltage down to 15.3. I am going to work on it some more soon.We got two feet of Snow here in New York and the 322 worked like a Beast. I have not rechecked it since Ive gotten done running it. Thank you very much for your help. Some great info on the Forum.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
As was mentioned in post #3 I had this symptom on my 332 and it was the green sensing wire. If I recall it can be affected by the fusible link. I added the relay fix to resolve my problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am going to my Local Dealer in a few days. Maybe he will have one in stock. If not I will order one and give it a try. Thank you very much

21 - 27 of 27 Posts