My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was running the 3205 with the FAB in the front yard yesterday sucking up all the leaves and sticks from the storm we had a week ago thinking this thing works awesome. I got about 3/4 of the way done and all of a sudden and hear a horrible grinding noise coming from underneath the machine. I shut it off and checked for anything wrong with the deck but didn't find anything. I cranked it back up and it sounded okay but as soon as I tried to turn the wheel nothing happened and it started grinding again. I'm around the 450 to 500 hour mark on the ticker.

So, I had to do the walk of shame back to the shop and crank up the 882 and drag the 3205 in the shop to switch the deck over to the 3165 so I could finish. I'm thinking my gerotor failed so if it did, what else have you all replaced while you were in one? I've not had one fail yet so its all new to me. I looked on Cubs site for a part number and it shows that it is a HG-50761 for around $120. I found this site has it cheaper but what else will I need if anything and is this the correct part? Hydro Gear 50761 - Gerotor & Housing 50406 - Original OEM part (ID 3022)
I will post some pics up on repair when I get time to do it. I'm sure glad I had a spare tractor to finish the job.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I am sure you will research before proceeding, but one thing I recall from reading posts about it is that it is possible to install the part/s backwards. If you do, it will not work, so make sure to mark things when you take them apart, to make sure you reassemble in the correct orientation.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet......too many irons in the fire and the grass ain't growing much anymore, maybe over the long weekend if I get the time. I've read on here it might be better to replace the complete pump if it sent metal shavings when it failed(if it did on mine).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts