My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 320 will turn over and begin to run but as soon as I turn the key switch to run position it dies and I have no power going anywhere. I've checked all my switches and so far I have continuity and relays are all good, I've been stumped on this one for a couple of weeks. If anybondy else has heard of this before let me know. Thanks

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Wow! A JD Tech stumped! :) This sounds like a good one. How about the key switch itself?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's the switch. **** yes I'm stumped I usually don't have too much trouble with diagnosing problems but this one is being a real nightmare. I don't have much to work with either, the schematics I have found are crap.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The 320 will turn over and begin to run but as soon as I turn the key switch to run position it dies and I have no power going anywhere. I've checked all my switches and so far I have continuity and relays are all good, I've been stumped on this one for a couple of weeks. If anybondy else has heard of this before let me know. Thanks
if wires are on wrong, yes it will do that.

i had a schematic from sears mower,the picture for wires was wrong,it should have been reversed.i reversed wires and it worked fine.can you take a look at another 320 and see if wires are hooked same as yours is on colors.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got away from it today. I went out in the middle of nowhere and worked on a MacDon Flexdraper all day. Come to think of it the customer did replace the keyswitch and the connector before he gave up and brought it in to me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well I got away from it today. I went out in the middle of nowhere and worked on a MacDon Flexdraper all day. Come to think of it the customer did replace the keyswitch and the connector before he gave up and brought it in to me.
i had friend who is great on wiring.after i was going by my schematic in sears book, he came to house.he went to the key/connector and started pulling wires off.i thought, man i am in trouble now.well after 5 minutes WITHOUT BOOK, he turned key and mower ran.I WAS FLOORED COULD NOT BELIEVE A PERSON COULD DO THAT.

yes, wires could be on wrong.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
JDCCETECH,

It will be interesting to see what it turns out to be when you figure it out. Meanwhile, I'll not be giving up my day job! :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well funny thing is, the owner came in today and was looking at a new X540.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it running this morning. customer had the connector at the key switch pinned wrong.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
what is your day job?
Glad you figured it out. :) I have a small sales agency. We specialize in castings and other manufactured components.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet...
He came back in this morning and cleaned out his glove compartment. He did buy a new x540 though. Thanks for having faith in me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts